Yesterday marked nine years since Twins fans lost a legendary player and Minneapolis lost its favorite adopted son, Kirby Puckett. Puckett passed away one day after suffering a massive stroke in a hospital in Phoenix, Arizona, far from the public eye but never far from Twins fans’ thoughts. He left a legacy as one of the most huggable players fans will ever see, but his off-the-field problems leave fans struggling to reconcile his bright presence on the field with his dark spiral off the field.
Posts Tagged: Paul Molitor
POPULAR THIS WEEK
- California Tie-Breaker: Not the End of the World
- The Cardinals and the Best Home Records in History
- Card Chronicle: O-Pee-Chee Premier – 132 Cards That Captured an Era
- Memo Paris (Notes on “The Natural”)
- In Honor of the Knuckle Curve
- Being Drafted and Making the Show the Same Year
- Baseball Movie: Long Gone
- 2016 Z-Score Distribution Highs and Lows
- The 8 Jewish Players Who Shined the Brightest in Their Careers
- The 1994 Strike: What Was the Deal?
- 60 Words for 60 Games: AL & NL West
- 60 Words for 60 Games: AL & NL Central
- 60 Words for 60 Games: AL & NL East
- The 2020 Effectively Wild Survivor Game Recap
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 5: Milwaukee, Minnesota, NY Mets
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 4: Houston, Kansas City, Miami
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 3: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 2: Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 1: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore
- Season Preview Series 2020 Index
- Counterpoint: The Red Sox Were Right to Trade Betts (and Price)
- Gotta Go Fast…to Cooperstown: The Case for Kenny Lofton
- Will the Phillies Ever Overcome Their -6,528 Run Differential?
- Evaluating the 2019 Predictions & Projections
- The Next Star from Japan
- The Case for Relegation
- Who is Dick Lundy?
- Sabermetrics Starter Cards: An Introduction to Advanced Stats (Updated 9/24/19)
- Casey at the Bat 2019: A Modern Retelling
- Jud Wilson: That Good “Boojum” Sound!