By now, the consensus on the 2016 Texas Rangers is out there: they overachieved. Last year, the Rangers “Orioled” their way to the best record in the American League. The Pythagorean standings said they were… Read more »
Posts by Jesse Severe
POPULAR THIS WEEK
- Baseball Movie: Long Gone
- The Two Pucketts: Struggling with Kirby’s Legacy 9 Years After His Death
- The 1994 Strike: What Was the Deal?
- ’94 Throwbacks, Pt 2: Gaming with Griffey
- Memo Paris (Notes on “The Natural”)
- Card Chronicle: O-Pee-Chee Premier – 132 Cards That Captured an Era
- Effectively Wild: Essential Works (updated 11/27/19)
- Examining Hall of Fame Metrics
- Remembering the Cookie-Cutter, Part 2: Riverfront Stadium
- The Banished to the Pen OOTP 19 Review
- The 2020 Effectively Wild Survivor Game Recap
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 5: Milwaukee, Minnesota, NY Mets
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 4: Houston, Kansas City, Miami
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 3: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 2: Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 1: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore
- Season Preview Series 2020 Index
- Counterpoint: The Red Sox Were Right to Trade Betts (and Price)
- Gotta Go Fast…to Cooperstown: The Case for Kenny Lofton
- Will the Phillies Ever Overcome Their -6,528 Run Differential?
- Evaluating the 2019 Predictions & Projections
- The Next Star from Japan
- The Case for Relegation
- Who is Dick Lundy?
- Sabermetrics Starter Cards: An Introduction to Advanced Stats (Updated 9/24/19)
- Casey at the Bat 2019: A Modern Retelling
- Jud Wilson: That Good “Boojum” Sound!
- Nova or Super Nova?
- The Annotated Baseball Project: “Buckner’s Bolero”
- Franmil Reyes Is Being the Beast Who Was Promised