[Ed. note: This preview was split three ways with John LaLoggia handling the fungoes, while Brandon Lee sought some answers on projection systems from Darius Austin] A song to play while reading about the Cubs:… Read more »
Posts by John LaLoggia
John is a lover of sports, comedy, and cooking documentaries. He recently moved from Chicago to Los Angeles where he's now considered morbidly obese. John is willing to become a fan of any MLB team that will employ him in their front office. Currently, he works as a Social Media Manager by day and a comedic superhero by night.
With the abundance of analytics permeated throughout the game, front offices are smarter today than they ever have been. They are equipped with real-time data that allows them to make extremely accurate projections and ultimately,… Read more »
POPULAR THIS WEEK
- The Two Pucketts: Struggling with Kirby’s Legacy 9 Years After His Death
- Memo Paris (Notes on “The Natural”)
- Effectively Wild: Essential Works (updated 11/27/19)
- MLB Franchise Rankings, 1995-2018
- In Honor of the Knuckle Curve
- ’94 Throwbacks, Pt 2: Gaming with Griffey
- The Banished to the Pen OOTP 19 Review
- Baseball Movie: Long Gone
- Better Know a Ballplayer: Henry Rodriguez
- California Tie-Breaker: Not the End of the World
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 5: Milwaukee, Minnesota, NY Mets
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 4: Houston, Kansas City, Miami
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 3: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 2: Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox
- Season Preview Series 2020, Pt 1: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore
- Season Preview Series 2020 Index
- Counterpoint: The Red Sox Were Right to Trade Betts (and Price)
- Gotta Go Fast…to Cooperstown: The Case for Kenny Lofton
- Will the Phillies Ever Overcome Their -6,528 Run Differential?
- Evaluating the 2019 Predictions & Projections
- The Next Star from Japan
- The Case for Relegation
- Who is Dick Lundy?
- Sabermetrics Starter Cards: An Introduction to Advanced Stats (Updated 9/24/19)
- Casey at the Bat 2019: A Modern Retelling
- Jud Wilson: That Good “Boojum” Sound!
- Nova or Super Nova?
- The Annotated Baseball Project: “Buckner’s Bolero”
- Franmil Reyes Is Being the Beast Who Was Promised
- Proposing an MLB Salary Floor